[Undergraduate] 2019-1 Guidelines for Minor Application, Spring 2019
Feb 26, 2019
707 reads

 Guidelines for Minor Application, Spring 2019


※「Korea University Constitution」Article 36,「Administration of Academic Affairs
」the first clause of Article 7 

- A minor requires 21 credit hours apart from your first major 
- A second major does not count towards a minor, and a minor is not indicated on graduation certificate. 
- An incomplete minor cannot be the ground for deferring graduation.


1. Eligibility: Students who (1) have specified their first major, and (2) have completed more than three semesters, and (3) are enrolled in Fall 2018
※ Applications by students who are on leave of absence on the corresponding semester will be ceased. 

2. Applicable Areas of Study:

1) Students may not apply for a minor from the department of their first major or relevant (cross-listed) course. 
2) Students may apply for courses from Anam Campus that are not open at Sejong Campus as a minor.
3) However, if the relevant course is opened both at Anam and Sejong Campus, students must register for a minor from their designated campus. 
4) A minor from the College of Education can only be granted to students whose first major is from the College of Education. 
※ Note: A ratio of the number of students taking minor courses at the College of Education is 10%, applicable to entering class of 2006 and 2007. Students who commenced their degrees from 2008 may not apply for a minor at the College of Education due to the abolition of Teaching Certification Requirements (by the Ministry of Education)
5) The minor application is not accepted by the School of Law, College of Medicine, College of Nursing, Department of Cyber Defense, and College of Pharmacy.

◎ Registration Period: March 4, 2019 (Mon) 10:00 AM - March 20, 2018 (Wed) 5:00 PM

◎ Where to Register: Department office of your first major

 Registration Process:

1) Complete the attached application form.
2) Complete a designated course list from the department office of your preferred minor.
3) Ask for a signature from the Department Chair of both your first major AND preferred minor, and seal.
4) Submit the completed application form to the department office of your first major
※ Depending on department offices of your preferred minor, applicants may be asked to submit an academic transcript.
-Please find the attached application form and designated course list below.

 Withdrawal of minor application

KUPID ( – Registration & Graduation – Registration – Withdrawal of Multiple Majors


 February 18, 2019

Academic Administration Division Education Team